For those of us with mild to moderate hearing loss, it is a simple choice between the IIC (a tiny aid placed right inside the ear canal) & the RIC (a tiny aid on the ear with a filament wire in the canal)…
++ Aesthetically superior, nothing showing
++ Natural anatomy provides directionality
– Little or no user adjustments
– – Component failure common, need regular maintenance
– Will usually cause some Occlusion (own voice sounds loud)
– Will increase probability of wax production
– Difficult to get a demonstration, EXCEPT with us – we give you a FREE TRIAL. Most of us new to hearing devices would choose this type, however these will probably not suit you if your low frequency hearing is good. These are still popular in the UK and US markets, but less so in Europe.