- The all-round best hearing aid;
Phonak Audeo B-Direct
(pair), with FREE TV Connector (worth £199)
WHY? It’s the best sounding hearing aid – with impressive feedback control (the lack of whistling) and IP68 water and dust protection. In November 2017, a 2.4gH transmitter was added, so now you can accept calls from any Bluetooth mobile*, and stream audio automatically from your TV**
* The Phonak B-Direct is the only hearing aid that allows you, the user to take calls hands-free, accepting and ending the call using the hearing aid button.
** With the addition of the Direct TV Connector, you can stream TV sound straight to both hearing aids. This can be automatically activated when in proximity of the TV, or manually by a short press of the hearing aid button.
2. The most technologically advanced hearing aid today:
OTICON OPN 1 (v4.0)
with FREE TV ConnectLine 3.0 (worth £159)
Quite remarkable in chip technology, with 64 processing channels and a speed of some 1.2 billion bytes a second, the Opn 1 has iPhone Bluetooth protocol allowing an iPhone user access to some great features, such as stereo streaming of mobile phone calls, ‘live-listen’ turning your iPhone into a microphone* AND with the addition of the TV ConnectLine Dolby Sound 3.0, stereo streaming of the TV sound too**. Of interest to those of you interested in the next level of technology, OPN is connectable to other WiFi devices such as Amazon Echo, Ring Doorbell, Hue lighting etc. The scope of this has yet to be discovered.
* The Opn 1 will stream calls to BOTH ears. The On app allows you to control the volume and program of your hearing aids, and to turn your iPhone into a remote mic (for use at a dinner party or lecture etc).
** The TV connector means you can select ‘TV’ on your iPhone app to stream beautiful-quality sound straight to your hearing aids.
This is the choice if you want a bargain! :
3. A seriously good hearing aid for the money:
STARKEY HALO 2 312
Hear life to its fullest with Halo 2, the Made for iPhone® Hearing Aids with the easy-to-use TruLink® Hearing Control app which is engineered to work specifically with iPhone, iPad®, iPod touch® and Apple Watch®. Together, Halo 2 and TruLink are designed to stream phone calls, music and more, directly from your iPhone to hearing aids.