You will need a pair of OTICON OPN hearing aids, the new ConnectClip and the specialized BT dongle also available from us.
Assuming the ConnectClip is already connected to the aids (that’s easy to do), plug the dongle into any USB socket on your computer, press its button to place it in pairing mode, put the ConnectClip into pairing mode too (switch off, then press big button and + button together). Place the devices next to each other. The ConnectClip light goes blue.
On your PC or laptop (versions vary slightly), change the default sound output to the dongle: For example,
Set the Bluetooth audio device as the default audio device in Windows. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start button , and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound.
- Under Sound, click Manage audio devices.
- In the Sound box, click the Playback tab, select the Bluetooth dongle, click Set Default, and then click OK.
- Restart all the multimedia programs that are currently running.
The ConnectClip light will go solid orange and you’ll hear whatever you are playing. Adjust the volume via the ConnectClip or on the PC.